Friday, April 27, 2007

I remember telling Dave on one of our first dates together that I did not really see the big deal with dogs. He had a 14 year old black lab at the time and quite often I would secretly wonder what the big fascination was with dogs. I mean they constantly need companionship, can't take care of themselves at all well. Not like a cat can. The irony in all of this of course is that I have a hard time thinking of anything other than the dogs lately and I think that is making my "non-dog" friends a little mental. I am constantly thinking about when/if I get to bring magilla home, what kind of training he will need, what training Frank needs work on, where i can take him/them for walks. If the weather is going to be good enough for a good long walk after work, the next day, before work etc. This is all coming from a self proclaimed CAT person. Thats why what I am about to say is so amazing to me... the passion and anger I have been feeling over this is both shocking and overwhelming.

I find myself disgusted with the recent events of recalls of dog foods. Thankfully I am a raw feeder and Frank has known nothing else. There are millions of pets out there eating this food, and millions of people who are not seeing what is going on and putting their trust and faith into their vet's recommended foods. Worse yet, are the pet owners that can barely afford to feed their animals and picking up the cheap store brand food not aware at all that most of these things are recalled and alot of the stores are NOT removing this from the shelves.
This has been going on for what... 6 weeks? Stop what you are doing people, stop selling your stuff, stop posting on your websites that your product is safe and TEST YOUR PRODUCT. You pass your food off to a canning company? That canning company is ADDING STUFF TO YOUR FOOD AND YOU DONT KNOW IT?
These are not just dogs and cats, they are family members to many people. To many people, they are SOLE family members. A person puts their faith in their pet food company to do what they can for their animal. Most people don't raw feed, I know that... but I also know, that if my Vet told me that a food was "high quality" i would probably feed it. Just as I would if my pediatrician told me that my choice of formula's was high quality. Wouldn't there be a BIT more action if there was rat poison in other family members supplements?

What the hell is going on here? Why doesnt any body DO SOMETHING????

I am going to do something about it, I am not going to sit on my ever expanding ass and do nothing about what is happening here. I dont often step on a soap box, I will get down reluctantly off of mine now. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Sames Blogs said...

My mommy can totally relate you your new found passion. She was a "furry" lover before I came along, and I witnessed how quickly she fell in love with me. I did give her a hard time for awhile, but then I could see in her eye's even when she was mad, she still loved me. Now I have a dumb brother and he has taken some of that love too. But ooooohhhh, when she lays down and pets us and loves on us, it feels so good.

Sadly, she lost her "furry" friend last year, but we made sure we filled that space in her heart real fast.

Sasha- The Princess!